Sunday, September 7, 2008

Criminal Grammar

The first day of the NFL season is today. And I slept through the first half of the games. The last week has been very tiring after getting at most six hours of sleep each night. Monday was labor day, so I had just arrived home from vacation. Then the rest of the week I didn't get home till ten o'clock because of work. After work I would typically just pass out, but Wednesday night I stayed up and watched the Republican Convention.
The Republican Convention was very interesting. When I got home Rudy Giuliani was speaking and he was just ripping the Democrats. It was actually quite funny what he was saying about Obama. My favorite quote from Giuliani was, "change is not a destination, just as hope is not a strategy." This quote wasn't ripping the Democrats necessarily but was just a quote that I liked.
Then during school on Thursday and Friday we played a game in composition where it was possible to lose points for our team. My team consists of Derek, Jordan, Patrick, Chris, and Kyle. We dominate competition and any chance our teacher gets to help the other teams he does it. So every time my team would raise our hands first he would call on another team and then we would lose points. That day we ended up going from first place to last place.
Then Friday night was probably the best high school football game I have ever seen. Homestead ended up winning the game on a last minute drive with a touchdown by Jamar. Homestead won 20-19. Before the game all of my senior friends and I tailgated and some of us painted for the game. We even got the band to cheer! After the game I went to a friends house and hung out. However I was obligated to sleep at a kids house thats on the swim team.
I showed up at the kids house at one in the morning thankfully none of them minded my tardyness. In the morning we had to walk a mile in her shoes. All the boys on the swim team walked a mile in 4 inch red high heels. It hurts the toes of your feet like crazy. That is one event I hope to forget about because it was very embarrasing to walk in women's size 15 heels.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

Thank you for walking in those heels.
You have walked for me, and my two daughters who have all been victims of sexual violence.
Don't be embarrassed, what you did was amazing and I am grateful for your support.

HJ said...

I really was trying to be fair! Was I crushed that your team lost a few points? Eh, no, but you guys will make a comeback.