Friday, August 29, 2008

Cyclones

A cyclone is a Popsicle that I am eating right now. It has red, white, and blue swirls, and by the way tastes amazing. This is my second cyclone of the day. After my first cyclone I went downtown with my cousins. We drove to the Metro station and took the Montreal Metro to an underground mall. This mall has 10 miles of store front. It is really weird because every thing here is in French. But then again you dont have to use it cause just about every one knows English. So you just say "what" and they tell you what they said in English. At a store in the mall called StyleExchange I bought a new swimsuit that was more than half off so I got a new suit for $20 dollars. You will see the new suit in a movie I post later. Looking back at the Metro, I think that it is a very smart system of travel. Less traffic in the city and a lot quicker than if you were to drive. The picture on the right shows a map of Montreal's Metro system. We drove accross the St. Lawrence Seaway to the Angrignon Station and parked there. We then used the Metro for $2 per trip, so to get somewhere and back it costs $4. We took the green line Metro from Angrignon to Peel and went to the underground mall. We then went and walked around downtown Montreal and could have very easily gotten on the Metro at a different station but decided to use the same station that we took earlier. The metro was a lot faster and cleaner then I had imagined. From this Metro experience I reconsidered what I think about big cities. Now that I understand the Metro, that is also known as a Subway, I think that it wouldn't be that bad to live in a big city, you can just hop on the Metro and get accross town in no time.

No comments: